Odyssey Essay Writing Step-by-Step
No such a person has read “Odyssey” written by Homer and hasn't been impressed. Today, teachers often assign students to express their ideas on this masterpiece of the Greek literature in the form of the Odyssey essay. It is really an excellent choice for the paper writing because this literary work deserves particular attention. It tells about a brave man who can serve a model of behavior for the modern young people.
Most students enjoy the process of writing an essay on the Odyssey. However, this doesn't mean that it is as easy as ABC to get the desired A-grade for this piece of writing. Your teacher expects to get the well-structured paper written in a logical manner. If you experience difficulties when composing your essay about Odyssey, don't hesitate to follow the helpful guide designed especially for you.
Odyssey Essay Thesis Statement Tips
Are you stuck on the Odyssey essay thesis? The process of writing this part of the essay requires the full concentration. First of all, you need to outline the major points of your paper. Secondly, you should brainstorm ideas on how to include them in just one or two sentences of your thesis statement.
Your task is to cover the main idea of the entire paper within the certain word limit. Think hard how to make the thesis really eye-catching and informative. Express the most vital idea of the literary work within a couple of sentences so that the reader wants to continue reading impatiently.
Odyssey Essay Introduction: How to Engage the Reader?
Use all your fantasy to hook the reader. You can start with the short description of your favorite scene from the poem. Remember that you should attract the target audience making your reader wonder what is going to be next. One of the simple and effective ways to hook the reader is to write an interesting quote from the literary work. Make sure you know how to cite it correctly.
That is only one of the numerous ways to write your Odyssey essay introduction. You should look for the high-quality essay examples on the same topic and have a look at their introduction in order to compare them and evaluate what kind of the beginning sounds more effective.
Tips for Odyssey Essay Body Writing
After you have finished with the introductory part, it is high time to start thinking about how to write the Odyssey essay body. It is not as easy as ABC. Be prepared to devote much time to this part as this is the backbone of your academic paper. You should reread the poem two or three times to know the content well. You are recommended to read more than once because when reading for the first time you are supposed to memorize the significant events.
When reading for the second time, you should analyze the behavior of the characters as well as pay attention to their interpersonal relations.
When reading for the third time, you should outline the main poem idea and do your best to read between the lines to find out what the writer wanted to say with the help of this literary work.
When you feel that you have researched the poem and are ready to write the main body, start writing the first paragraph. You should provide the background of the story. Then, tell about the development of the events. Your task is to make a brief review of the poem, including the analysis of the content and the language used by the author. Try to write 3-4 paragraphs, devoting each of them to some new thought.
Odyssey Essay Conclusion: The Best Pieces of Advice
Like any other academic paper, your Odyssey essay should consist of three parts where the last one is the Odyssey essay conclusion. The well-written Odyssey essay conclusion will help you to get the desired A+ for the paper if you make it logical and impressive. Make sure that your final paragraph contains the clear thought, including your personal impression that the poem made on you while reading.
20 Odyssey Essay Topics: Check and Choose the Best One!
Pick one of the Odyssey essay topics for your own paper from our list! Or, use the following topics for inspiration to create your own original essay theme.
- Has the Odyssey hero's journey impressed you?
- Analyze the character of Odyssey.
- What do you like most about the behavior of the main character?
- What is the role of Xenia in the Odyssey?
- What is the main idea of the Homer poem?
- Do you consider the poem the masterpiece of the Greek literature?
- Would you like to have such a friend as Odyssey?
- “A friend in need is a friend indeed” Is this about Odyssey?
- Describe the portrait of the main character.
- Is Odyssey brave and reliable? Provide examples from the text.
- Prepare the hero archetype.
- What makes the Homer poem popular today?
- What are the best features of Odyssey?
- Tell about the scene you liked most and explain why.
- Would you like to look after the main character?
- Does Odyssey have only positive traits of character or does he have negative features as well?
- Odyssey always knows how to deal with the problematic situation effectively.
- Odyssey — a smart warrior ready to take risks in order to save friends.
- Wisdom is the main weapon of the main character.
- Odyssey and his feelings to the Motherland.
Choose one of the above-mentioned Homer Odyssey essay topics and be sure that your teacher will be impressed!